DC/MD/VA friends – wanted to share a client project with a #MomTastic twist. A Feed My Starving Children (FMSC) Event Food Fight MobilePack Assembly Event is happening this weekend May 13-15 at the Dulles Expo Center (Virginia). Some 30,000 volunteers will pack 5 million meals to feed kids around the world. Plus, volunteers are asked to bring a can of food for the Capital Area Food Bank for local communities. This massive event can feed 14,000 children for a full year.
How can you help?
- Sign up to volunteer (2 1/2 hour shifts throughout the weekend available)
- Support the cause
- Spread the word! Here’s sample language you can share on your own social channels – Join 30,000 local volunteers who are trying to kick hunger to the curb! Join us May 13-15 at #2016foodfight www.2016foodfight.com
- Share this post on your own channels – options at the bottom.
- Media friends – contact Amy@WriteIdeas.com to cover the news or attend a media tour of the assembly in action.
Here’s the why behind the story…
- 1 in 9 people are chronically undernourished.
- FMSC estimates that at least 6,200 children die each day from hunger-related diseases.
- Specially formulated nutritional meal packs are critical for malnourished children. With the input of scientists from major food companies including General Mills and Cargill, FMSC developed MannaPack Rice, a formula consisting of rice, extruded soy nuggets, dehydrated vegetable for flavor and nutrition, vitamins, minerals and a vegetarian flavoring to give growing children the nutrition they need.
This video illustrates what the MobilePack event looks like and how you can help kick hunger to the curb:
Disclosure: Story about a Write Ideas, Inc., client, and thrilled to be working on a cause that supports the health of children and families.