Father’s Day is around the corner, and I’ve come across some great (and unusual) gift ideas for Dad – plus…add a comment to this post with any Father’s Day gift or celebration ideas, and win prizes.
- My favorite…”Disconnect to Reconnect” is a 24-hour challenge asking dads to “unplug” this Father’s Day (phones, Facebook, Twitter, email, TV) and spend quality time with family. This challenge is inspired by Phil Cooke’s new book, Jolt! Get the Jump on a World That’s Constantly Changing, which explains 25 “jolts” to help us set the reset button on our priorities and boundaries. (MomTini Note: I’ve committed to “unplug” on Father’s Day…will you?) We’re giving away copies of this new book – just add a comment to this post!
- The Man Test: Hundreds of Questions to Test Everything a Real Man Should Know (by Robert Dodenhoff) – The author, inspired by his sons to write this book, has questions on everything from texting etiquette to outdoor survival. Here are some sample questions:
- What is the best day to negotiate a car purchase at a dealership?
- What should you do if a bear is about to attack you?
- What are the 3 things women lie most about online?
(Note – we’re also giving away a copy of this book – adorable!).
- Fun and safe gift idea…move over geek-inspired safety goggles…3M has introduced safety glasses with style: 3M™ Fuel™ X2P Safety Eyewear & 3M™ Forceflex™ Safety Eyewear – Keep Dad looking sharp while giving his eyes the vital protection he needs from unforeseen projectiles while performing tasks around the home—like mowing the lawn and power tool work.
Summary of Prizes We’re Giving Away – Winners Chosen at Random on Friday June 24th – Enter a Comment at the end of this post (must be an idea for a gift or celebration for Father’s Day)
3M Safety Eyewear Glasses (pictured above)