Many thanks to Washington Family Magazine for sharing my article, “Leave Your Cell Phone Out of the Cranberry Sauce.” Timeless tips for a tech-free Thanksgiving. Here’s a quick roundup of some of my Thanksgiving favorites from The Lounge…
- Why leave your cell phone out of the cranberry sauce? Great tips on why the Thanksgiving table is the perfect place to connect without clicks and thumbs, unless of course you’re licking the cranberry sauce 🙂
- Best recipe ever…and honestly, make it year-round here. Ruth’s Chris Sweet Potatoe Casserole. A genius way to make you wonder if you’re eating dessert or vegetables. Here’s the recipe.
- Bring Thanksgiving HOME to your family – some of my favorite tips I shared with FOX News on ways to make the holiday most special and less stressful, including sharing the burden, and creating “dining room daycare.” Plus, as someone who thinks obsessively about words, I like to remind myself that the holiday is about “thanks” and “giving.”
- Table Manners Tune-up – Fellow Mompreneur Aviva Goldfarb had great ideas on how to keep the kids in check at Thanksgiving.
And finally, here are some stats from Washington Family magazine. Maybe this can be material for Thanksgiving trivia at your family table. Did you know…
- The turkey industry grosses over $1 billion each year.
- 62% of people watch football on Thanksgiving.
- The average American consumes more than 15 pounds of turkey each year.
Have a happy, healthy, and wonderful Thanksgiving!