Mom Bloggers get loads of ideas and tips before our national holiday, Mother’s Day. Here’s a round-up of some of the latest news we’ve seen that will make your Mother’s Day as sweet as possible. Plus, when you finish reading this post, enter to win a $300 Mother’s Day prize. Read on…
- Create a free “Milk Mustache” postcard for our favorite role models (do you like mine with my own mom? Couldn’t get my mustache straight, but you get the drift!).
- Cool gift idea – ring, ring: StarGreetz has tons of celebrity Mother’s Day e-cards and personalized ringtones from your favorite musical artist (including American Idol’s Top 11), celebrity or athlete. MomTini bonus: First 4 comments to this post will win a FREE personalized ringtone.
- Real Simple has a great collection of unique Mother’s Day gifts including “key lime pie pops,”; Free Mother’s Day E-Cards; and a collection of Mother’s Day poems & quotes to inspire your message.
- If you need to “drop a hint,” a new website (DropYourHint) lets you browse mom-friendly gift ideas, and create a fun “hint” they deliver via email, Facebook or paper airplane (their words, not mine – guess that part was a joke, but an adorable visual!).
- New book: My Parents Were Awesome. I’m presuming the title means “were awesome in raising me.” Love the sub-title: Before Fanny Packs and Minivans, They Were People Too. The book includes a special section where you can personalize with your favorite image of your parents and your own memories.
- Jewish Women International (JWI) is doing a wonderful community service project: the Mother’s Day Flower Project. Through this program, they send bouquets, stationery and beauty products, and an inspiring poster to 200 battered womens’ shelters. For each $25+ donation, they send a Mother’s Day card to an honoree – mother, daughter, sister or friend – to let her know a donation was made in her name. Here’s more information on the Mother’s Day Flower Project.
- Glam Media is doing a poll on what your favorite gift is, along with other “Mother’s Day insights” – click here to take the survey.
Finally, we’re offering what was referred to as “the mother of all giveaways” – 7 different products with a total value of $300! We’ll draw a name at random from all of the comments to this post. The $300 gift includes…Lexli 30-Day Skincare Starter Kit (4-step system, beautiful skin, as nature intended); Le Baby Hair Gel (lightweight, easy to spike hair, tackle unwanted fly-aways); Envyderm Lash Regrowth Serum (groundbreaking, new non-prescription formula); Beanstalk Express Snack Time Survival Kit (world’s first snacktivity game); The Bar Method pre-natal workout DVD & Onesie (full-body exercise program using a ballet bar fitness technique); the book “My Beautiful Mommy” (ground-breaking new children’s book on plastic surgery); and Dermacyte Eye Complex (give your skin a breath of fresh air).
This contest is only open to US Residents; winner drawn on Wednesday 5/11/11.
Add your own ideas for Mother’s Day gifts or fun traditions to share with your kids this Sunday, and Have a Mom-Tastic Mother’s Day!