I have to say…very impressed! Within 10 minutes, I had “hired” my coach, “Stan,” who looks a little bit like a trainer I worked with years ago while battling pregnancy weight. I even got to pick “Stan”’s outfit. He immediately had a nutrition tip for me about why salads are smart food. Ok, now Stan is doing some funky dance moves while I write. Wonder what he’ll suggest tomorrow…I digress…
Here are some highlights of my test drive:
- I took the quiz, and “My Wellness Scorecard” asked about everything from vitamins to fiber/water/vegetable/fruit intake. All stuff we basically “know” as common sense if we’re into health & nutrition, but…they follow it up with useful tips that are phrased in a fun/edgy way that makes more of an impression than a “you should.” For example, they gave me a great suggestion to push 8 glasses of water a day: put 8 rubber bands around a water bottle and move one down each time you finish a glass. Smart!
- Life Supplemented has some cool online tools similar to what you see in the app to help you optimize your personal health, including…
- My Wellness Scorecard – similar to what I did on my iPhone, an online quick that assess your health & nutrition, and offers tips to improve.
- The Supplemental – a blog with creative tips on healthy diet, exercise, and supplements. I read an article on sleep and another on exercise, and they had some really good ideas I hadn’t seen elsewhere.
- The Supplement Resource Center
Disclaimer Note: They have disclaimers that pop up when you’re using the app letting you know that this is not medical advice, but merely guidance to living a healthy lifestyle, but that you should seek the advice of a physician for any personal medical q’s. I agree 100%!
I wrote this blog post while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of LifeSupplemented. As a thank you for participating, I received a promotional item, and a donation was made on my behalf to Vitamin Angels.
Categories Food & Nutrition, Latest News on Fitness, Product Reviews | Tags: getting healthy, Life Supplemented, LifeSupplemented, Mom Central, Mom Central Consulting, nutrition, Vitamin Angels, WannaBeWell, wellness
You can follow any follow up comments to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.