Whether your kids are in day camp, sleep-away camp, or your family is enjoying some fun at home, here are some ideas and MomTastic summer headlines you may find useful…
- About.com’s Laureen Miles Brunelli published a fabulous article on summer fun including a link to a prior article she wrote, 100 ideas for kids & parents to do together. She outlines some great, free & reasonably priced fun, including picnics, summer concerts, museums, and one of my childhood favorites, playing in the sprinkler. On her 100 ideas list, she has some great ideas, including picking fruit, playing in the rain, taking family naps (sign me up!).
- PBS Parents published “Free (or Almost Free) Summer Fun Ideas” that goes by ages and stages with some great ideas, including “Beach Baby (where you) set up a beach party in your own back yard”; dance parties; flashlight tag, backyard camping, and more.
- Care.com also published 101 Fun Things to Do With Kids this Summer including ideas for mom and babysitter. Some of my favorites from their list: set up a lemonade stand; have a water balloon fight; make ice cream.
- And of course, check out our MomTini Summer Fun page with lots of articles on fireworks safety; sunscreen tips; and lots of summer fun ideas for families.
- Our Camp Tips page also has lots of great articles including a free camper questionnaire if you feel like you’re pulling teeth to get info out of your long-distance camper; non-edible care package ideas; prescription for homesick kids; free stationery you can download; and lots more. Check it out!
Hope you have a GREAT summer!